Delvers are intelligent, well-organized groups of monsters. Delvers prefer to live in finished rooms and tend to tunnel in straight lines where possible. Unless otherwise stated, delving groups are of lawful alignment by default.
Draw new rooms and add them to the colony as needed to house population and loot. Write a name for the colony next to it on the map.
If their ZOC touches an un-mined ore source, each turn the delvers mine out a room 1 thumbprint in size. Place 1 in the room. If it is still there the next time the delvers take a turn, they may loot it.
If they did not mine, the group patrols, expanding their ZOC 1 half finger along a randomly selected tunnel that touches their current ZOC.
If the group didn’t encounter any other groups this turn, but has neighbors it has encountered in the past, it encounters one randomly selected neighbor.
Re-draw any natural caves or tunnels in the ZOC as improved tunnels in pen.
If the group has no tunnels along which its ZOC may expand, dig a new tunnel up to 1 half finger long to connect with another dungeon tunnel or natural cavern.
With Lawful GroupsEdit
With Alpha PredatorsEdit
The delvers attempt to drive the monster away. Make an encounter roll:
- Win: Delvers loot 1 from the monster. If the delvers win by 4 or more, the alpha is killed. Otherwise the alpha is driven out and moves to a new lair at least 1 thumb further away from the delvers.
- Tie or loss: Delvers lose 1 .
With Chaotic GroupsEdit
War erupts. Make an encounter roll:
- Win: Opponents lose 1 and delvers loot 1 from them.
- Tie: Both groups lose 1 .
- Loss: Delvers lose 1 and opponents loot 1 from them.